Labor Day is coming up and some of us are planning on taking advantage of the long weekend to enjoy the final days of summer. We asked the team about where they plan on heading, a fun fact or anecdote about their destination, and what piece of Dempsey & Carroll stationery they plan on bringing with them. Bon voyage!
Umara: I’m traveling to good old sunny California!
- I’m looking forward to heading back to one of my favorites—Malibu Farm Café
- I’m taking Jet Set: LA, of course!
Emma: I’m going to Block Island to spend the week (and long weekend) with my family
- There are too many reasons to love Block Island, especially because it’s been a family tradition since my dad was 11. I love the moment on the ferry ride over when I can see the first glimpse of the bluffs and then the town comes into view. Nothing beats spending the day at the beach and wandering through town or taking a hike on one of the many trails.
- I’m bringing pieces from our collaboration with The Maryn because it’s perfect for spending time by the sea!
Jaimie: I’ll be at Yankee Stadium for the Yankees/Red Sox game! What better way to spend Labor Day weekend than watching the National Pastime and cheering on your favorite team (The Yankees, of course) while they play their #1 rival?
- My favorite part of the stadium is Monument Park. I love seeing the history and all the retired numbers (#7 forever)! It’s also absolutely necessary to get a hot dog and a beer (and maybe some cotton candy). It’s a baseball game after all!
- The Dempsey & Carroll Game On Handsome Tablet is perfect for keeping scorecards. Play ball!
Carolyn: I’m traveling to Newport Beach, California for a wedding
- I’ve actually never been to Newport Beach before, but The Resort at Pelican Hill looks incredible! What’s not to love?
- I’m definitely bringing some Jet Set: LA for my trip to the West Coast
Austin: This Labor Day, my partner and I will spend the long weekend as guests of a dear college friend at her house on Lake Pocono in Pennsylvania.
- The lake sits in the middle of a vast preserve and, when the houses that surround it were built, there was a requirement that they not be visible from the lake. Eagles soar above as your canoe glides across the surface. No speedboats here.
- Our host loves Dempsey & Carroll paper so what to bring her is a no-brainer. This year, a Schumacher Journal for her sketching habit, and Jet Set: Los Angeles note cards because she loves to travel and that classic airliner engraved in blue is a complete charmer! Stationery makes the smartest gift because the recipient will be reminded of you each time they treat a friend to a special handwritten note.