Are you obsessed with sweaters at the beach, a to-die-for vegetable garden, all-neutral-everything, Nancy Meyers movies, and Ina Garten? You *might* be a Coastal Grandmother.
This style has been around long before it was trending, and if anyone would be a Dempsey & Carroll client it’s a coastal grandmother. We’ve curated this “Dress Your Desk” collection to outfit your office in this laid back yet sophisticated aesthetic.
- Lighting is key. We love this Woven Rattan Wide Vase Table Lamp from Newport Lamp & Shade Company.
- Neutral, beach-themed accessories are always welcome. Use a small dish for paperclips and such, like this Shell Box from John Derian Company.
- Our Leather Write Away is perfect for storing a few of your correspondence cards within easy reach, and keeping your desktop organized.
- Every coastal grandmother desk needs hydrangeas. It’s basically non-negotiable.
- In East Hampton, our Windmill Place Cards are a summer entertaining essential.
- Of course, you need a fabulous pen. We are obsessed with this Faber-Castell Ambition Fountain Pen in White Sand.
- Let everyone know they can find you at the beach house for the season with our In Residence cards.
- There’s nothing quite like personalized stationery. Try a monogram in bisque ink, beachy blue paper, or a seaside-inspired motif.
- For those chilly summer evenings, keep a throw on the back of your desk chair. We love this Tempesta Throw in Navy from Schumacher.
Now that your desk is set, pour yourself a glass of white wine, sit back, relax and enjoy the sound of the ocean outside your window. And if your ever need anymore inspiration, look no further than some of our favorite Coastal Grandmothers: